Nothing about Odin3 has been posted in here yet so I put together a How To guide for installing and using Odin3 on Windows.
For any one flashing custom ROMS Odin3 is a must have!!! Odin3 is Samsung’s One-Click Downloader. It can be used for restoring your phone from a completely software bricked state, or for whatever purpose you see fit to use it for. I always “Odin back to stock” before flashing a new ROM as to make sure there are no “ghost” or leftover files from the previous ROM.
This will flash T-Mobile’s official stock firmware (T959UVJFD) to your Vibrant.Before doing this backup all your apps!!
! (I use Titanium Backup)WARNING!!! THIS WILL WIPE ANY DATA ON YOUR DEVICE; IT WILL REPLACE YOUR BASEBAND, KERNEL, RECOVERY AND OS.
***I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.***
1.Download the USB Drivers for your computer here:
32 Bit Windows Download:http://files.androidspin.com/downloads.php?dir=androidspin/samsung/vibrant/&file=SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_x86.exe
64 Bit Windows Download:http://files.androidspin.com/downloads.php?dir=androidspin/samsung/vibrant/&file=usb_drivers_GalaxyS_x64.zip
2. Download and install the version of WinRar archiving utility for your computer here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
3. Create a new folder on your desktop and name it Odin3
4. Download the Odin3 v1.7.rar file from the link below and then cut and paste it to the
Odin3 folder that you created on your desktop. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A9NWY55L
5. Right click on the Odin3 v1.7.rar file that you downloaded and select Extract Here.INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING ODIN3:
1. From within your Odin3 folder on your desktop run Odin3 v1.7
2. Once Odin3 is running click on the PIT button and select the s1_odin_20100512.pit
file and click on open.
3. Click on the PDA button and select the T959UVJFD file and click on open.
4. Plug USB cord into the computer BUT NOT THE PHONE
5. Remove the battery from the phone for a couple of seconds. Replace the battery and
put the battery cover back on.
6. Press and HOLD
both the volume up and volume down keys. Do NOT
touch the power
7. While continuing to HOLD
both volume keys plug the USB cord into the phone. You should
now be in download mode and you will see one of the ID com boxes in Odin turn yellow.
8. Click on the start button and let Odin do its thing.DO NOT TOUCH THE PHONE UNTIL IT FULLY REBOOTS AND YOU SEE THE LOVELY GRASS HOMESCREEN!!!
This will take several minutes to boot back up.
9. Unplug the phone from the USB cable and you are now back to the original T-Mobile
Here is a YouTube video that I found to be very helpful.